NYSTRS offers exciting intern opportunities at the intersection of investments and retirement planning.
NYSTRS offers exciting and engaging internship opportunities in various departments across our organization, providing emerging professionals with real-world experience. Opportunities exist in multiple departments including Investment Operations, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Legal, Actuary, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Human Resources, Real Estate, Fixed Income, Communication & Outreach, and Stewardship.
To further support our interns, our program provides a tailored orientation, opportunities to network with executives and senior staff, professional development trainings, social activities, and more. Students will also participate in an “Internship Showcase” to highlight their accomplishments and connections to their future career goals and intentions. At the conclusion of the internship, students may be provided the opportunity to continue with part-time work during the academic year.
Join one of the 10-largest public pension funds in the nation through our internship program. As a member of our mission-driven organization, you will positively impact public school teachers, administrators, beneficiaries, and current employees.
Find more information about the various positions here, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of a NYSTRS Internship
- Flexible schedule with potential remote work opportunities
- Qualifying service for entrance into the New York State Retirement System
- Hands-on, engaging work
- Professional development training
- Networking opportunities with executives and senior staff
Internship Applicant Criteria & Application:
- Candidates must be enrolled in either a qualifying undergraduate or graduate degree program with at least one semester left to complete all degree requirements.
- Internship begins in June 2024 and spans 8-10 weeks.
- Candidates must submit a resume; cover letters are optional. Candidates who do not have a resume will submit an application summarizing their qualifications and background. Please note, the application deadline for June 2024 has passed.